Sunday, February 21, 2016

Let Your Light Shine

Hello, friends of Really Reasonable Ribbon and thanks for stopping by.  It's Karen Letchworth here today with a sweet card I created using lots of great ribbons and trims in shades of purple.  I don't use purple a whole lot, but it sure turned out nice, so I was glad I gave it a try. 
I started with some patterned papers that I inked on the edges, and machine stitched together.  Then, I added a rub-on sentiment, a small sticker, and a metal bird.  The fun part was the pretty bow.  I ran a length of Lilac Seam Binding across the width of the card, and then tied a bow using two lengths of it along with one length of Cream Seam Binding, and a length of Violet Burlap String and Wheat Solid Baker's Twine.   I topped the bow with one small Dark Lilac Open Rose and two small Ivory Open Roses.   The bow cluster has a tiny little tag (laugh) that's held by a miniature silver safety pin.  You may also notice that I added a little "ribbon tab" on the upper right corner of my card.  That tab includes a small snippet of the three following trims:  Melissa Natural Crochet LaceLilac Seam Binding, and Purple Plaid Ribbon.
That's about it, and this is exactly why I LOVE Really Reasonable Ribbon.  By adding a sweet bow and flowers from the sweet shop at Really Reasonable Ribbon, I can turn my simple cards into a real work of art.  Their wonderful products quickly jazz up your creations, and instantly take them from "Zero to Hero".....LOL

AND.....don't forget about our fun challenges on the Really Reasonable Ribbon Blog where you can play along and share your projects.  We LOVE seeing your projects, and we thank you for joining us.  There's also lots of great inspiration on the blog every day as well as special offers and lots of great new products.

Thanks for stopping by!
Karen

2 comments :

  1. what an absolutely sweet card, Karen! purple is a crafting challenge for me, but you have nailed it! just wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the wonderful comment "from zero to hero". So true of just adding these simple embellishments of ribbon, flowers or other one really gives the card the finished look. Gorgeous card and love the little birds. The bow and flowers gave the card that special "WOW" look.

    ReplyDelete

We'd love to hear what you have to say