Thursday, August 6, 2015

Freshen Up with Ribbon and Roses

I was cleaning up the other day and had to change a few of my air fresheners that I keep around the house and got this idea to make wraps for them that I could put on to decorate them up a bit.  I made mine with the G45 Fairy Collection but you could do them for anything in your house even fun ones for the holidays.  How fun would that be?
So to make these, take a simple piece of copy paper and a pencil and make a pencil rubbing of the lines on the air freshener container.  This will give you the curve of the container and then you can draw the lines straighter and make your pattern.  I also made a smaller pattern to create a piece for the inside so that it looks matted.  Then I glued them together and again along the seam down the back.  

Then I got out lots of "Roses" and "Mulberry Flowers", "Seam Binding Ribbon" and "crochet lace" and created a flower spray to decorate the front of it.  The leaves were cut using a Spellbinders die in a green that matches the paper and that's all there is too it.  It's much prettier now and you can slide it off and change them anytime you want.  Since we are doing fall ribbons with the Ribbon Club this month, I will have to come up with something fun for those too.  Be sure and check back again :)

Have a Wonderful and very crafty day...Teresa

1 comment :

We'd love to hear what you have to say