Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Seroius Ribbon Crush and Shabby Chic Box Tutorial


Okay....I admit....I have a super serious ribbon crush on the new Cotton Blend Vintage Pink Floral Ribbon.  When I saw that ribbon...I had to have it....stat!!!! It is so gorgeous and shabby. When it came in the mail...I loved it even more. It's got a beautiful rose pattern and the burlap is sturdy...but soft enough to make a lovely poofy bow.  I didn't add a bow to this project....but I will next time for sure : )

I up-cycled a box into pretty and functional storage for my crafty space. It turned out so well....that I've been eyeballing things around the house to see what else I can cover....I may be addicted!


The only thing this box had going for it was that it's a great size for containing pens or scissors but really heavy...so I can store my crop-o-dile without tipping the box over.

After adding one width of my new favorite ribbon. I used Scor-Tape and hot glue.

Two widths on now. It's pretty already!!!!!

Must have Melissa Natural Crocheted Lace on the top.


 Don't forget to add some to the bottom.

 My other new favorite Ivory Burlap String criss-crossed around. Swooning...


I rescued a pretty handmade flower I created for a project that needed a little repurposing.

Isn't that a fabulous little shabby chic box???? Thank you Bonnie for getting trim that I absolutely fell in love with!!!! I see a lot of burlap in my future!!!!
Okay........that's all for me. Wishing you all a happy and productive day with lots of time to be creative.
: )Ginny

4 comments :

  1. Great project and that ribbon is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful project! And yes, that ribbon is GORGEOUS.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this beautiful, shabby chic box! I've been wanting to cover several boxes I'm using for storage and I'm going to use your box as inspiration. I ordered the floral ribbon before I wrote this comment! Love your work always - thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful box... love the fabric and all the details !

    ReplyDelete

We'd love to hear what you have to say